Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Taking One For The Team





Tom and I have been trying to figure out how to get some sort of sponsorship for 2008 and I have come up with a novel idea. I am going to sell Tom's services to ladies at retirement homes.My mother God Bless Her used to say the old ladies "Never Tell ,Never Swell and Appreciate It Like Hell" I really think Tom has a calling. Just how do I break the news to him. I am thinking of having him dress up in his racing suit and telling him they want us to visit then and suddenly leave him on his own. This is what is called taking one for the team.


My wife and I hope to visit our son in Pearl Harbor in October he is currently serving on the USS La Jolla SSN 701 a fast attack submarine . So this year we are not going to make it to the la Carrera. This will give us time to get some sponsorship and keep up with family obligations which are very important to us. Our wives supported us for two years while we built the car which we were absent from them most of the time. Without their support we never could have done it in the first place. Tom and I both have MGA's which were hardly driven the last two years so a couple trips with the wives are in order.

4 comments:

Gary Faules said...

I bet getting to visit your son is equally as exciting as any race anyway and to do it with the wife in Hawaii makes it all the better. You're lucky you have her. In my case my wife will gladly pay for me to race just to get rid of me. Then it's off to the mall. LOL.

Regarding you not making it this year... My team and I will miss you and we were looking forward to meeting both of the Dover brothers. I feel like a friendship has been born and the comradery is something all car guys appreciate. So here's holding our drinks high and looking forward to future La Carrera Panamericanas.

Hey, those are some beautiful cars! I have enjoyed many cars and car shows in my days and the friendships made at them not to mention the stories that accompany them. You better watch out because if your wife catches you with that young chick in the photo all hell will break loose and there will be no more racing. ;)

Gary Faules said...

Hey George... Before you run off to Hawaii, look what I found...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/car/307958426.html

George Sullivan said...

Gary
I just convinced her to let me go to Mexico next year. Sounds like she might get the skillet out again if I ask. I saw you looked at Kristen Stewart's site her team was a lot of fun. Make sure to meet them.

Gary Faules said...

Hey George, that's great news!

Yes, I checked out Kristen's site. I need to ask her is she's from the Bay Area because she looks so familiar.