Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Finally Paint andThe Engine






By the end of August we had Steve Lundberg finish the body work and paint the carhe did an outstanding job. Finally we could put the engine in ,fuel cell, wire the car ,seats and 5 point harnesses and test drive the car. Piece of cake. WRONG!! We put in many late nights with the help of Jim Blett without Jim's help we couldn't have completed the car on time. Also during this time I lost my mother which was difficult also. Jim Austhof and Dan Turrell were also a huge help. It's good to have friends to come when help is really needed. We worked the last three months day and night plus working full time at the end we had the last two days off. All we had to do now was drive to Veracruz which was only 3000 miles away. Piece of cake

6 comments:

Gary Faules said...

I would be interested in how you chose the colors or is there a story behind them.

George Sullivan said...

Gary
The colors are those of the Mexican flag . When we got to Mexico it turned out our car actually looked like a Mexican Taxi. So Tom got some black tape and wrote Taxi on the front of the car. People really got a big kick out of it every town we went to people would yell "Taxi" So instead of a car with the Mexican colors we paid tribute to all the Mexican Taxi drivers which was really fun for us. Our main goal going down there was first to finish and second to have fun and we did both. It was a lot of work also getting in at night and working on the car till it was ready for the next day. we hope to do it again in 2008 only this time line up a sponsor or two.

Gary Faules said...

George, I am missing some new post to your blog. Help a brother out and give me a fix will ya!

By the way, have you seen the blog with Chevy that's being built for this years La Carrera? They never reply to anyone's post but the it is fun to read.

George Sullivan said...

Gary
glad to hear someone is enjoying my blog. I was at my cabin in northern Michigan this past weekend the internet is not there by choice. Hopefully this week I plan on adding more to the blog. One thing I thought of for you to get is Passport size photos for your Mexican racing license you will need two pictures we had to scramble to get ours. This year all my Honey Doo's are catching up with me I can't use the excuse we really need to get the car done.
george

Gary Faules said...

Thanks George. That's good to know. Now it's on my list.

Cabin? You wouldn't by any chance be a hunter or fisherman now would you? I knew there was something about you I was going to like.

Gary Faules said...

PS: You didn't answer my question about the Chevy Blog.